To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 20, No. 1 (1996)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- We, the Colonized Ones: Peruvian Artist Kukuli Speaks about Her Art and Experience, edited by Ivor Miller
- Writing a Friendship Dance: Orality in Mourning Dove's Cogewea, by Michael Wilson
- Out of Harm's Way: Relocating Northwest Alaska Eskimos, 1907–1917, by James H. Ducker
- Compulsive Gambling in the Indian Community: A North Dakota Case Study, by Don A. Cozzetto and Brent W. LaRocque
- Indian Treaty Rights: Sacred Entitlements or "Temporary Privileges?", by David E. Wilkins
- Bridging the Gap: Strategies of Survival in James Welch's Novels, by Karsten Fitz
- Two Models to Sovereignty: A Comparative History of the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation and the Navajo Nation, by Sioux Harvey
- The Absence of Angels, by W.S. Penn. Reviewed by Michael Eldridge
- All My Sins Are Relatives, by W.S. Penn. Reviewed by Michael Eldridge
- The Cherokees and Christianity, 1794–1870: Essays on Acculturation and Cultural Persistence, by William G. McLaughlin, edited by Walter H. Conser, Jr. Reviewed by Sarah H. Hill
- Drinking Careers: A Twenty-Five Year Study of Three Navajo Populations, by Steven J. Kunitz and Jerrold E. Levy. Reviewed by Philip A. May
- Enduring Traditions: The Native Peoples of New England, edited by Laurie Weinstein. Reviewed by Charles A. Bishop
- A Face in the Rock, by Loren R. Graham. Reviewed by Debra A. Burdick
- Indian Country: A History of Native People in America, by Karen D. Harvey and Lisa D. Harjo. Reviewed by Ronald E. Craig
- Molly Spotted Elk: A Penobscot in Paris, by Bunny McBride. Reviewed by Diana Meyers Bahr
- Native America in the Twentieth Century: An Encyclopedia, edited by Mary B. Davis. Reviewed by Lee Miller
- Native American Art and the New York Avant-Garde: A History of Cultural Primitivism, by W. Jackson Rushing. Reviewed by Erik Trump
- The Navajo-Hopi Land Dispute: An American Tragedy, by David M. Brugge. Reviewed by Richard O. Clemmer
- Navajo Multi-Household Social Units: Archaeology on Black Mesa, Arizona, by Thomas R. Rocek. Reviewed by Charles C. Case
- Partial Recall, edited by Lucy R. Lippard. Reviewed by Joanna C. Scherer
- The Spiritual Quest: Transcendence in Myth, Religion, and Science, by Robert M. Torrance. Reviewed by Kenneth M. Morrison
- Stories That Make the World: Oral Literature of the Indian Peoples of the Inland Northwest, as told by Lawrence Aripa, Tom Yellowtail, and Other Elders, edited by Rodney Frey. Reviewed by Mark Nowak
- Taking Control: Power and Contradiction in First Nations Adult Education, by Celia Haig-Brown. Reviewed by Margery Fee
- They Call Me Agnes: A Crow Narrative Based on the Life of Agnes Yellowtail Deernose, by Fred W. Voget. Reviewed by Walter C. Fleming
- Tribes and Tribulations, by Laurence M. Hauptman. Reviewed by Jerry Stubben
- Voice of the Turtle: American Indian Literature, 1900–1970, edited and with an introduction by Paula Gunn Allen. Reviewed by P. Jane Hafen
- Vortex of Indian Fevers, by Adrian C. Louis. Reviewed by Robert L. Berner
- When Indians Were Cowboys: Native Peoples and Cattle Ranching in the American West, by Peter Iverson. Reviewed by Howard Meredith
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.