To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 19, No. 2 (1995)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Political Status of Native Indian Women: Contradictory Implications of Canadian State Policy, by Jo-Anne Fiske
- Ischemic Heart Disease Mortality in American Indians, Hispanics, and Non-Hispanic Whites in New Mexico, 1958–1992, by V. J. Kattapong, T. M. Becker, and F.D. Gilliland
- Literary Criticism in Cogewea: Mourning Dove`s Protagonist Reads The Brand, by Peter G. Beidler
- Being a Grandmother in the Tewa World, by Sue-Ellen Jacobs
- "The Game Never Ends": Gerald Vizenor's Gamble with Language and Structure in Summer in the Spring, by Elizabeth McNeil
- Symbol of a Failed Strategy: The Sassamon Trial, Political Culture, and the Outbreak of King Philip's War, by James Drake
- Tobacco, Culture, and Health among American Indians: A Historical Review, by Christina M. Pego, Robert F. Hill, Glenn W. Solomon, Robert M. Chisholm, and Suzanne E. Ivey
- American Indian English, by William L. Leap. Reviewed by J. Anthony Paredes
- American Indian Women: A Guide to Research, by Gretchen M. Bataille and Kathleen M. Sands. Reviewed by Sue-Ellen Jacobs
- Amerindian Rebirth: Reincarnation Belief among North American Indians and Inuit, edited by Antonia Mills and Richard Slobodin. Reviewed by Christopher Vecsey
- Ancient Architecture of the Southwest, by William N. Morgan. Reviewed by Don Hanlon
- Cannibal Tours and Glass Boxes: The Anthropology of Museums, by Michael M. Ames. Reviewed by Diana Drake Wilson
- Columbia River Basketry: Gift of the Ancestors, Gift of the Earth, by Mary Dodds Schlick. Reviewed by Marvin Cohodas
- Cowboys and Indians, Christmas Shopping, by Carter Revard. Reviewed by Denise Low
- Dead Voices: Natural Agonies in the New World, by Gerald Vizenor. Reviewed by Julie C. Giese
- The Dream Seekers: Native American Visionary Traditions of the Great Plains, by Lee Irwin. Reviewed by Angelo A. Calvello
- Howling Wolf and the History of Ledger Art, by Joyce M. Szabo. Reviewed by Catie Anne Cadge
- Kachinas: Spirit Beings of the Hopi, art by Neil David, Sr., descriptions by J. Brent Ricks and Alexander E. Anthony, Jr. Reviewed by Zena Pearlstone
- Killing Custer, by James Welch, with Paul Stekler. Reviewed by Robert L. Berner
- Language, History, and Identity: Ethnolinguistic Studies of the Arizona Tewa, by Paul V. Kroskrity. Reviewed by Jane H. Hill
- Look to the Mountain: An Ecology of Indigenous Education, by Gregory Cajete. Reviewed by Tito Naranjo
- The Rock Art of Utah, by Polly Schaafsma. Reviewed by Ruth-Inge Heinze
- Skeletal Biology in the Great Plains: Migration, Warfare, Health, and Subsistence, edited by Douglas W. Owsley and Richard L. Jantz. Reviewed by Alan J. Osborn
- Walleye Warriors: An Effective Alliance against Racism and for the Earth, by Rick Whaley and Walter Bresette. Reviewed by Rick St. Germaine
- West of the Thirties: Discoveries among the Navajo and Hopi, by Edward T. Hall. Reviewed by Imre Sutton
- The World Turned Upside Down: Indian Voices from Early America, edited by Colin G. Calloway. Reviewed by David L. Ghere
- A Zuni Artist Looks at Frank Hamilton Cushing: Cartoons by Phil Hughte, by Phil Hughte. Reviewed by Jesse D. Green
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.