To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 19, No. 1 (1995)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Tribal Self-Governance and Forest Management at the Hoopa Valley Indian Reservation, Humboldt County, California, by Richard R. Harris, Greg Blomstrom, and Gary Nakamura
- American Indians' Knowledge about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: An Exploratory Study, by Myra Shostak and Lester B. Brown
- Traditional American Indian Economic Policy, by Ronald L. Trosper
- Coming out from behind the Rocks: Constructs of the Indian in Recent U.S. and Canadian Cinema, by Robert Appleford
- The Economic and Social Implications of Indian Gaming: The Case of Minnesota, by Don A. Cozzetto
- Weaving the Story: Northern Paiute Myth and Mary Austin's The Basket Woman, by Mark T. Hoyer
- Native American Responses to the Western, by Steven M. Leuthold
- God's Work, by Mike Cutler
- When Sitting Bull Was Killed, by Mike Cutler
- Chaske, by Mike Cutler
- How Does It Feel? by Mike Cutler
- Another Small-Town Saturday Night (or The Last of the High-Test Boys), by Mike Cutler
- Four Old White Folks, by Mike Cutler
- The Last Dreamer, by Mike Cutler
- It Rained This Morning, by Mike Cutler
- The Long Walk, by Mike Cutler
- From Calumet, by Lance Henson
- Desert Sketches, by Lance Henson
- Lines for a Yuki Brother, by Lance Henson
- A Woman in Winter, by Lance Henson
- After Reading at an Opening of Curtis Photographs, by Lance Henson
- Adventures on the Western Frontier, by Major General John Gibbon, edited by Alan and Maureen Gaff. Reviewed by Donald J. Berthrong
- American Indian Children at School, 1850–1930, by Michael C. Coleman. Reviewed by Donal F. Lindsey
- Anthropology of the North Pacific Rim, edited by William Fitzhugh and Valerie Chaussonnet. Reviewed by William E. Simeone
- Cannibal Encounters: Europeans and Island Caribs, 1492–1763, by Philip P. Boucher. Reviewed by Bernard W. Sheehan
- Children of Grace: The Nez Perce War of 1877, by Bruce Hampton. Reviewed by Merle Wells
- Claiming Breath, by Diane Glancy. Reviewed by Julie LaMay Abner
- "Come, Blackrobe": DeSmet and the Indian Tragedy, by John J. Killoren. Reviewed by Robert H. Keller
- The Fox Wars: The Mesquakie Challenge to New France, by R. David Edmunds and Joseph L. Peyser. Reviewed by Edmund J. Danziger, Jr.
- The Jumanos: Hunters and Traders of the South Plains, by Nancy Parrott Hickerson. Reviewed by Donald E. Worcester
- Keeping Slug Woman Alive: A Holistic Approach to American Indian Texts, by Greg Sarris. Reviewed by Julie Cruikshank
- Loud Hawk: The United States versus the American Indian Movement, by Kenneth S. Stern. Reviewed by Troy R. Johnson
- The Mohican of Stockbridge, by Patrick Frazier. Reviewed by Laurie Weinstein
- Native America: Portrait of the Peoples, edited by Duane Champagne. Reviewed by Wilbur R. Jacobs
- Native Canadian Anthropology and History: A Selected Bibliography (revised edition), by Shepard Krech III. Reviewed by Alfred Young Man
- A New Species of Trouble: Explorations in Disaster, Trauma, and Community, by Kai Erikson. Reviewed by Jane Caputi
- The Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation, 1877–1900, by Orlan J. Svingen. Reviewed by David R. Wilson
- Southern Cheyenne Women`s Songs, by Virginia Giglio. Reviewed by Victoria Lindsay Levine
- They Write Their Dreams on the Rock Forever: Rock Writings in the Stein River Valley of British Columbia, by Annie York, Richard Daly, and Chris Arnett. Reviewed by Phil G. Garn
- Views from the Apache Frontier: Report on the Northern Provinces of New Spain by José Cortés, Lieutenant in the Royal Corps of Engineers, 1799, edited by Elizabeth A.H. John, translated by John Wheat. Reviewed by Richard J. Perry
- Voice of Indigenous Peoples: Native People Address the United Nations, edited by Alexander Ewen. Reviewed by Bruce E. Johansen
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.