To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 18, No. 4 (1994)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Introduction, by Joane Nagel and Troy Johnson
- Remembering Alcatraz: Twenty-five Years After, by Troy Johnson and Joane Nagel
- Alcatraz, Activism, and Accommodation, by Vine Deloria, Jr.
- Urban Indians and the Occupation of Alcatraz Island, by Adam (Nordwall) Fortunate Eagle
- Alcatraz Recollections, by Tim Findley
- Reflections of Alcatraz, by LaNada Boyer
- Indian Students and Reminiscences of Alcatraz, by Steve Talbot
- Personal Memories of Alcatraz, 1969, by Luis Kemnitzer
- A Reminiscence of the Alcatraz Occupation, by Edward D. Castillo
- The Native Struggle for Liberation: Alcatraz, by Jack D. Forbes
- Alcatraz Is Not an Island, by Lenny Foster
- From the Reservation to the Smithsonian via Alcatraz, by George P. Horse Capture
- The Government and the Indians: The American Indian Occupation of Alcatraz Island, 1969–1971, by John Garvey and Troy Johnson
- American Indian Placemaking on Alcatraz, 1969–1971, by Robert A. Rundstrom
- The Eagles I Fed Who Did Not Love Me, by Woody Kipp
- Reflections of an AIM Activist: Has It All Been Worth It? by Karren Baird-Olson
- The Bloody Wake of Alcatraz: Political Repression of the American Indian Movement during the 1970s, by Ward Churchill
- To Guard Against Invading Indians: Struggling for Native Community in the Southeast, by Zug. G. Standing Bear
Stock: Out of Print