To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 18, No. 2 (1994)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Trappers' Brides and Country Wives: Native American Women in the Paintings of Alfred Jacob Miller, by Jennifer McLerran
- Contemporary Tribal Codes and Gender Issues, by Bruce G. Miller
- Indians and Englishmen at the First Roanoke Colony: A Note on Pemisapan`s Conspiracy, 1585–86, by Michael L. Oberg
- Indian Governments and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, by J. Anthony Long and Katherine Beaty Chiste
- The Epidemiology of Alcohol Abuse among American Indians: The Mythical and Real Properties, by Philip A. May
- Theorizing the Earth: Leslie Marmon Silko's Ceremony, by Lisa Orr
- Anthropology and History: Can the Two Sister Disciplines Communicate? by William H. Lyon
- The Issue of Compatibility between Cultural Integrity and Economic Development among Native American Tribes, by Dean Howard Smith
- Aboriginal Cultural Adaptations in the Midwestern Prairies, by James A. Brown. Reviewed by James M. Collins
- After the Trail of Tears: The Cherokees` Struggle for Sovereignty, 1839–1880, by William G. McLoughlin. Reviewed by Howard Meredith
- American Indian Policy: Self-Governance and Economic Development, edited by Lyman H. Legters and Fremont J. Lyden. Reviewed by Gary C. Anders
- The Book of Medicines, by Linda Hogan. Reviewed by Paul Rice
- The Cherokee People, by Thomas E. Mails. Reviewed by William L. Anderson
- Chiefs and Chief Traders: Indian Relations at Fort Nez Percés, 1818–1855, by Theodore Stern. Reviewed by Merle Wells
- The Crow and the Eagle: A Tribal History from Lewis and Clark to Custer, by Keith Algier. Reviewed by Martha Harroun Foster
- Dictionary of the Alabama Language, by Cora Sylestine, Heather K. Hardy, and Timothy Montler. Reviewed by Geoffrey Kimball
- An Eagle Nation, by Carter C. Revard. Reviewed by Robert Allen Warrior
- From Mission to Metropolis: Cupeño Indian Women in Los Angeles, by Diana Meyers Bahr. Reviewed by Diane Weiner
- Grand Endeavors of American Indian Photography, by Paula Richardson Fleming and Judith Lynn Luskey. Reviewed by Mick Gidley
- In the Spirit of the Earth: Rethinking History and Time, by Calvin Luther Martin. Reviewed by Gerard Reed
- Navajo Tribal Demography, 1983–1986: A Comparative and Historical Perspective, by Cheryl Howard. Reviewed by Gregory R. Campbell
- On the Translation of Native American Literatures, edited by Brian Swann. Reviewed by Jane H. Hill
- Orayvi Revisited: Social Stratification in an "Egalitarian" Society, by Jerrold E. Levy, with assistance from Barbara Pepper. Reviewed by Louis A. Hieb
- Our Grandmothers` Lives as Told in Their Own Words, edited and translated by Freda Ahenakew and H. C. Wolfart. Reviewed by Loretta Winters
- The Political Economy of North American Indians, edited by John H. Moore. Reviewed by Terry L. Anderson
- Sanctuaries of Spanish New Mexico, by Marc Treib. Reviewed by Don Hanlon
- Stress and Warfare among the Kayenta Anasazi of the Thirteenth Century A.D., by Jonathan Haas and Winifred Creamer. Reviewed by Charles C. Case
- Tecumseh: Shawnee Rebel, by Robert Cwiklik. Reviewed by Neal D. Hickman
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.