To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 18, No. 1 (1994)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Images of Hechenu: Ethnohistorical Notes on a Northern Sierra Mewuk Village, by James Gary Maniery and Dwight Dutschke
- The Battle over Termination on the Colville Indian Reservation, by Kathleen A. Dahl
- The Luiseño Culture Bank Project: From Museum Shelves to Hypercard, by Bonnie Biggs and Catherine S. Herlihy
- Gender Status Decline, Resistance, and Accommodation among Female Neophytes in the Missions of California: A San Gabriel Case Study, by Edward D. Castillo
- The Spirit of Independence: Maurice Kenny`s Tekonwatonti / Molly Brant: Poems of War, by Craig S. Womack
- Sheltering the Future, by Richard Pottinger
- A Return to Tradition: Proportional Representation in Tribal Government, by Delmer Lonowski
- American Ethnic Literatures: Native American, African American, Chicano/Latino, and Asian American Writers and Their Backgrounds, edited by David Peck. Reviewed by Neal Hickman
- Black Elk: Holy Man of the Oglala, by Michael F. Steltenkamp. Reviewed by Raymond J. DeMallie
- Cheyennes and Horse Soldiers: The 1857 Expedition and Battle of Solomon`s Fork, by William Y. Chalfant. Reviewed by Gregory R. Campbell
- Concerning the League: The Iroquois League Tradition as Dictated in Onondaga by John Arthur Gibson, newly elicited, edited, and translated by Hanni Woodbury. Reviewed by Donald A. Grinde, Jr.
- Exiled in the Land of the Free: Democracy, Indian Nations, and the U.S. Constitution, edited by Oren Lyons and John Mohawk. Reviewed by Wilbur R. Jacobs
- Life and Death in Mohawk Country, by Bruce E. Johansen. Reviewed by Paul Pasquaretta
- Portraits from the Age of Exploration: Selections from Andre Thevet`s Les Vrais Pourtraits et Vies des Hommes Illustres, edited by Roger Schlesinger; translated by Edward Benson. Reviewed by Olive Patricia Dickason
- Raven`s Song: A Novel, by Lee Maracle. Reviewed by Linda Fritz
- The Red Record: The Wallam Olum, the Oldest Native North American History, translated and annotated by David McCutchen. Reviewed by Jay Miller
- Robert Davidson, Eagle of the Dawn, edited by Ian Thom. Reviewed by Steven C. Brown
- Sáanii Dahataal: The Women Are Singing: Poems and Stories, by Luci Tapahonso. Reviewed by Paul G. Zolbrod
- The Spanish Frontier in North America, by David J. Weber. Reviewed by William R. Swagerty
- Survival of the Spirit: Chiricahua Apaches in Captivity, by H. Henrietta Stockel. Reviewed by Margaret Connell Szasz
- Surviving as Indians: The Challenge of Self-Government, by Menno Boldt. Reviewed by Art Beaver
- Tales of a Shaman`s Apprentice: An Ethnobotanist Searches for New Medicines in the Amazonian Rain Forest, by Mark J. Plotkin. Reviewed by Dean Howard Smith
- Towards Aboriginal Self-Government: Relations between Status Indian Peoples and the Government of Canada 1969–1984, by Anne-Marie Mawhiney. Reviewed by Theodore Binnema
- The Voyages of Jacques Cartier, edited and with an introduction by Ramsay Cook. Reviewed by P. Nick Kardulias
- The Wind in a Jar, by John Farella. Reviewed by Paul G. Zolbrod
- Women of the Apache Nation: Voices of Truth, by H. Henrietta Stockel. Reviewed by Philip J. Greenfeld
- Women of the Native Struggle: Portraits and Testimony of Native American Women, edited and with photos by Ronnie Farley. Reviewed by Kathleen A. Dahl
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.