To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 17, No. 4 (1993)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Beggars, Chickabobbooags, and Prisons: Paxoche (Ioway) Views of English Society, 1844–45, by Winona Stevenson
- The American Indian Culture and Research Journal and the American Indian Quarterly: A Citation Analysis, by Cheryl Metoyer-Duran
- Formal Schooling among the Ancient Ones: The Mystique of the Kiva, by John W. Friesen
- Sir William Johnson`s Reliance on the Six Nations at the Conclusion of the Anglo-Indian War of 1763–65, by Michael J. Mullin
- The Value System of the Native American Counseling Client: An Exploration, by Louise Wasinger
- Suicide and Homicide among Native Americans: The Medical Resources Hypothesis, by Thomas J. Young
- All My Relatives: Community in Contemporary Ethnic American Literatures, by Bonnie TuSmith. Reviewed by Steven Allaback
- Always Getting Ready, Upterrlainarluta: Yupik Eskimo Subsistence in Southwest Alaska, photographs and text by James H. Barker. Reviewed by Steven A. Jacobson
- American Indians` Kitchen-Table Stories: Contemporary Conversations with Cherokee, Sioux, Hopi, Osage, Navajo, Zuni, and Members of Other Nations, by Keith Cunningham. Reviewed by Jana Sequoya
- Anthropology, Public Policy, and Native Peoples in Canada, edited by Noel Dyck and James B. Waldram. Reviewed by Jay Miller
- Bloodlines: Odyssey of a Native Daughter, by Janet Campbell Hale. Reviewed by A. LaVonne Brown Ruoff
- Brave Are My People: Indian Heroes Not Forgotten, by Frank Waters. Reviewed by Bruce E. Johansen
- A Coyote Reader, by William Bright. Reviewed by James P. Lenfestey
- The Creek Indians, by Ellen Scordata. Reviewed by George Ann Gregory
- Disease and Demography in the Americas, edited by John W. Verano and Douglas H. Ubelaker. Reviewed by Gregory R. Campbell
- The Dividing Paths: Cherokees and South Carolinians through the Era of Revolution, by Tom Hatley. Reviewed by William L. Anderson
- The Founders of America: How Indians discovered the land, pioneered in it, and created great classical civilizations; how they were plunged into a Dark Age by invasion and conquest; and how they are now reviving, by Francis Jennings. Reviewed by Imre Sutton
- Gift of Power: The Life and Teachings of a Lakota Medicine Man, by Archie Fire Lame Deer and Richard Erdoes. Reviewed by Angelo A. Calvello
- Hopi Ruin Legends/Kiqötutuwutsi. Narrated by Michael Lomatuway`ma, Lorena Lomatuway`ma, and Sidney Namingha, Jr., collected, translated, and edited by Ekkehart Malotki. Reviewed by Peter G. Beidler
- Indian Chronicles, by Jose Barreiro. Reviewed by Bruce E. Johansen
- Indians and a Changing Frontier: The Art of George Winter, compiled by Sarah E. Cooke and Rachel B. Ramadhyani. Reviewed by Leona M. Zastrow
- Musical Repercussions of 1492: Encounters in Text and Performance, edited by Carol E. Robertson. Reviewed by Charlotte J. Frisbie
- Nuvendaltin Quht`ana: The People of Nondalton, by Linda J. Ellanna and Andrew Balluta. Reviewed by Roy D. Iutzi-Mitchell
- People of the Tonto Rim: Archaeological Discovery in Prehistoric Arizona, by Charles L. Redman. Reviewed by Albin J. Cofone
- Walking the Rez Road, by Jim Northrup. Edited by Meg Aerol. Reviewed by Jack W. Marken
- Where the People Gather: Carving a Totem Pole, by Vickie Jensen. Reviewed by Nile Robert Thompson
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.