To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 17, No. 3 (1993) Special Edition -- Encounter of Two Worlds: The Next Five Hundred Years
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- The Politics of the Columbus Celebration: Myth and Reality in United States Society, by James Riding
- Christopher Columbus and the Problem of History, by Johnny P. Flynn
- Encounter of Two Different Worlds: The Columbus-Indian Legacy of History, by Donald L. Fixico
- Native American Religious Liberty: Five Hundred Years after Columbus, by Walter R. Echo-Hawk
- Too Long, Too Silent: The Threat to Cedar and the Sacred Ways of the Skokomish, by D. Michael Pavel, Gerald B. Miller, and Mary J. Pavel
- Earth, Animals, and Academics: Plateau Indian Communities, Culture, and the Walla Walla Council of 1855, by Clifford E. Trafzer
- A Sociological View of Tourism in an American Indian Community: Maintaining Cultural Integrity at Taos Pueblo, by Carol C. Lujan
- North American Indigenous Women and Cultural Domination, by Beatrice Medicine
- Suggested Guidelines for Institutions with Scholars Who Conduct Research on American Indians, by Devon A. Mihesuah
- When Jesus Came, the Corn Mothers Went Away: Marriage, Sex, and Power in New Mexico, 1500–1846, by Ramon Gutierrez. Compiled by the Native American Studies Center, University of New Mexico
- American Indians as Cowboys, by Clifford E. Trafzer. Reviewed by George Ann Gregory
- Anasazi Places: The Photographic Vision of William Current, by Jeffery Cook. Reviewed by Carol Patterson Rudolph
- Baptism of Desire, by Louise Erdrich. Reviewed by Carolyn Dunn
- Big Eyes: The Southwestern Photographs of Simeon Schwemberger, 1902–1908, by Paul V. Long. Reviewed by Brian W. Dippie
- Born a Chief: The Nineteenth Century Hopi Boyhood of Edmund Nequatewa, edited by P. David Seaman. Reviewed by Richard O. Clemmer
- Brave Are My People: Indian Heroes Not Forgotten, by Frank Waters. Reviewed by Melanie McCoy
- Captive of the Nootka Indians: The Northwest Coast Adventure of John R. Jewitt, 1802–1806, edited by Alice W. Shurcliff and Sarah Shurcliff Inglefinger. Reviewed by Daniel L. Boxberger
- Death, Society, and Ideology in a Hohokam Community, by Randall H. McGuire. Reviewed by Shirley Powell
- Earth and Sky: Visions of the Cosmos in Native American Folklore, edited by Ray A. Williamson and Claire R. Farrer. Reviewed by Eric Anderson
- Firesticks, by Diane Glancy. Reviewed by Jerome Klinkowitz
- A Long and Terrible Shadow: White Values, Native Rights in the Americas 1492–1992, by Thomas R. Berger. Reviewed by Michael J. Mullin
- Love Flute, by Paul Goble. Reviewed by Walter C. Fleming
- Hiawatha: Messenger of Peace, by Dennis Brindell Fradin. Reviewed by Walter C. Fleming
- Drifting Snow: An Arctic Search, by James Houston. Reviewed by Walter C. Fleming
- New World Encounters, edited by Stephen Greenblatt. Reviewed by Bruce E. Johansen
- The Ordeal of the Longhouse: The Peoples of the Iroquois League in the Era of European Colonization, by Daniel K. Richter. Reviewed by Mary Druke Becker
- Painting the Dream: The Visionary Art of David Chethlahe Paladin, by Lynda Paladin. Reviewed by Trudy Griffin-Pierce
- Songs of My Hunter Heart: A Western Kinship, by Robert F. Gish. Reviewed by Stephen Saraydar
- Teaching American Indian Students, edited by Jon Reyhner. Reviewed by D. Michael Pavel
- The Thompson Language, by Laurence C. and M. Terry Thompson. Reviewed by Jan P. van Eijk
- What This Awl Means: Feminist Archaeology at a Wahpeton Dakota Village, by Janet D. Spector. Reviewed by Janet Catherine Berlo
- White Captives: Gender and Ethnicity on the American Frontier, by June Namias. Reviewed by Nancy Bonvillain
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.