To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 17, No. 2 (1993)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- The Fragmentation of a Tribal People in Louise Erdrich's Tracks, by Sidner Larson
- "The Bewitching Tyranny of Custom": The Social Costs of Indian Drinking in Colonial America, by Peter C. Mancall
- Decolonizing the Choctaw Nation: Choctaw Political Economy in the Twentieth Century, by Sandra Faiman-Silva
- The Press, the Boldt Decision, and Indian-White Relations, by Bruce G. Miller
- The Contextual Nature of American Indian Criminality, by Donald E. Green
- Of Baggage and Bondage: Gender and Status among Hidatsa and Crow Women, by Martha Harroun Foster
- Rapid City Native American Population Needs Assessment, by Abdollah Farrokhi
- Columbus, Indians, and the Black Legend Hocus Pocus, by Wilbur R. Jacobs
- Among the Dog Eaters, by Adrian C. Louis. Reviewed by Denise Low
- Canada`s First Nations: A History of Founding Peoples from Earliest Times, by Olive Patricia Dickason. Reviewed by J. Anthony Long
- Chief Joseph`s Allies, by Clifford E. Trafzer and Richard D. Scheuerman. Reviewed by Merle Wells
- Choteau Creek: A Sioux Remembrance, by Joseph Iron Eyes Dudley. Reviewed by Beatrice Medicine
- The Early Years of Native American Art History: The Politics of Scholarship and Collecting, edited by Janet Catherine Berlo. Reviewed by Cornelia S. Feye
- For an American Autohistory, by Georges E. Sioui, trans. by Sheila Fischman. Reviewed by Karl E. Gilmont
- The Geography of the Canadian North: Issues and Challenges, by Robert M. Bone. Reviewed by Don Cozzetto
- Houses Beneath the Rock: The Anasazi of Canyon de Chelly and Navajo National Monument, edited by David G. Noble. Reviewed by Charles C. Case
- Indian Rock Art of the Columbia Plateau, by James D. Keyser. Reviewed by Phil G. Garn
- Indian Roots of Democracy, by Jose Barreiro. Reviewed by Wilbur R. Jacobs
- Indians of the Southeastern United States in the Late 20th Century, edited by J. Anthony Paredes. Reviewed by William L. Leap
- Land Use, Environment, and Social Change: The Shaping of Island County, Washington, by Richard White. Reviewed by Kathleen A. Dahl
- Organizing the Lakota: The Political Economy of the New Deal on the Pine Ridge and Rosebud Reservations, by Thomas Biolsi. Reviewed by Richmond L. Clow
- Rainbow Tribe: Ordinary People Journeying on the Red Road, by Ed McGaa, Eagle Man. Reviewed by K. I. Koppedrayer
- Reflections of the Weaver`s World: The Gloria F. Ross Collection of Contemporary Navajo Weaving, by Ann Lane Hedlund. Reviewed by Susan Brown McGreevy
- Social Order and Political Change: Constitutional Governments among the Cherokee, the Choctaw, the Chickasaw and the Creek, by Duane Champagne. Reviewed by James H. O`Donnell III
- State and Reservation: New Perspectives on Federal Indian Policy, edited by George P. Castile and Robert L. Bee. Reviewed by Imre Sutton
- To Please the Caribou: Painted Caribou-Skin Coats Worn by the Naskapi, Montagnais, and Cree Hunters of the Quebec-Labrador Peninsula, by Dorothy K. Burnham. Reviewed by Nelson H. H. Graburn
- War in the Tribal Zone: Expanding States and Indigenous Warfare, edited by R. Brian Ferguson and Neil L. Whitehead. Reviewed by Thomas D. Hall
- What Can Tribes Do? Strategies and Institutions in American Indian Economic Development, edited by Stephen Cornell and Joseph P. Kalt. Reviewed by Dean Howard Smith
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.