To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 16, No. 4 (1992) Special Edition -- Contains Index Volumes 1 Through 16
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- The Heart of Knowledge: Nuclear Themes in Native American Thought and Literature, by Jane Caputi
- Cultural Survival of the Snoqualmie Tribe, by Kenneth D. Tollefson
- The Forgotten People: The Relocation and Internment of Aleuts during World War II, by Ryan Madden
- Dr. Thomas A. Bland, Critic of Forced Assimilation, by Thomas W. Cowger
- Continuity and Connection: Characters in Louise Erdrich's Fiction, by Margie Towery
- The 1890 Ghost Dance in Nevada, by Michael Hittman
- Three Student Guides to Louise Erdrich's Love Medicine, by Peter G. Beidler
- Tribal Implementation of GIS: A Case Study of Planning Applications with the Colville Confederated Tribes, by Richard Winchell and Michael E. Marchand
- The American Indian Legacy of Freedom and Liberty, by Wilbur R. Jacobs
- Ancient Walls: Indian Ruins of the Southwest, by Chuck Place and Susan Lamb. Reviewed by Don Hanlon
- Campaigning with King: Charles King, Chronicler of the Old Army by Don Russell, edited and with an introduction by Paul L. Hedren. Reviewed by Brian W. Dippie
- Converting the West: A Biography of Narcissa Whitman, by Julie Roy Jeffrey. Reviewed by Helen M. Bannan
- Dawnland Encounters: Indians and Europeans in Northern New England, edited by Colin G. Calloway. Reviewed by Bernd Lambert
- Delfina Cuero: Her Autobiography, an Account of Her Last Years, and Her Ethnobotanic Contribution, by Florence Connolly Shipek. Reviewed by Jerome M. Levi
- Disputing the Dead: U.S. Law on Aboriginal Remains and Grave Goods, by H. Marcus Price III. Reviewed by James Riding In
- An Ethnography of the Huron Indians, 1615–1649, by Elisabeth Tooker. Reviewed by Georges Emery Sioui
- California Indians, by C. L. Keyworth. Reviewed by Alice B. Kehoe
Indians of the Northeast, by Colin G. Calloway. Reviewed by Alice B. Kehoe
- Indians of the Pacific Northwest, by Karen Liptak. Reviewed by Alice B. Kehoe
- Indians of the Southwest, by Karen Liptak. Reviewed by Alice B. Kehoe
- The Government and Politics of the Alberta Métis Settlements, by T. C. Pocklington. Reviewed by Diane P. Payment
- John Rollin Ridge: His Life & Works, by James W. Parins. Reviewed by James A. Lewis
- Last Stand of the Lubicon Cree, by John Goddard. Reviewed by John S. Long
- The Maidu Indian Myths and Stories of Hanc`ibyjim, edited and translated by William Shipley. Reviewed by Joan Berman and Jean Perry
- Native Americans: An Annotated Bibliography, by Frederick E. Hoxie and Harvey Markowitz. Reviewed by Dorothy R. Parker
- Navajoland: Family and Settlement and Land Use, by Klara B. Kelley and Peter M. Whiteley. Reviewed by Frank E. Wozniak
- The Oneida Land Claims, by George C. Shattuck. Reviewed by David M. Wishart
- The Poetics of Imperialism: Translation and Colonization from The Tempest to Tarzan, by Eric Cheyfitz. Reviewed by William H. McGarvey III
- Portage Lake: Memories of an Ojibwe Childhood, by Maude Kegg. Reviewed by Donna Rosh
- Ravensong: A Natural and Fabulous History of Ravens and Crows, by Catherine Feher-Elston. Reviewed by Nile Thompson
- Readings in Aboriginal Studies I: Human Services, edited by Samuel W. Corrigan. Reviewed by Olive Patricia Dickason
- Sweet Promises: A Reader on Indian/White Relations in Canada, edited by J. R. Miller. Reviewed by Howard Adams.
- American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Volumes 1–16, 1974–1992, compiled by Imre Sutton
Poetry Index by Title
Index of Illustrations
General Subject Index
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.