To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 16, No. 3 (1992) Special Edition -- Proceedings: First National Conference on Cancer in Native Americans
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Introduction, by Jennie R. Joe and James W. Justice
- Cancer Incidence, Survival, and Mortality among American Indians and Alaska Natives, by John W. Horm and Linda Burhansstipanov
- Cancer Prevention and Control in American Indian Alaska Natives, by James W. Hampton
- Data Sources for Cancer Statistics among American Indians/Alaska Natives, by Charles R. Key and Thomas M. Becker
- Lynch Syndrome II in a Navajo Family: A Revisit, by Henry T. Lynch, Thomas Drouhard, Stephen J. Lanspa, Patrick Lynch, Earlene Bronson, and Jane F. Lynch
- Gallstones and Gallbladder Cancer in Southwestern Native Americans, by Albert B. Lowenfels
- Cancer Profiles of Two American Indian Tribes, by James W. Justice
- Cancer and Cancer Prevention and Control Programs in the Aberdeen Area Indian Health Service, by Thomas K. Welty
- Cultural Beliefs and Understanding Cancer, by Judith Black Feather
- Roundtable Discussions: Recommendations from Subcommittees, by Jennie R. Joe
- Bibliography of Cancer in Native Americans and Alaska Natives, 1800–1989, by James W. Justice
- Glossary, by James W. Justice
- The American Indian Ghost Dance, 1870 and 1890, compiled by Shelley Anne Osterreich. Reviewed by Jack W. Marken
- Annikadel: The History of the Universe as Told by the Achumawi Indians of California, by Istet Woiche, recorded and edited by C. Hart Merriam. Reviewed by Thomas Buckley
- Best Left as Indians: Native-White Relations in the Yukon Territory, 1840–1973, by Ken S. Coates. Reviewed by Niels Winther Braroe
- Blackfoot Grammar, by Donald G. Frantz. Reviewed by Allan R. Taylor
- Champions of the Cherokees: Evan and John B. Jones, by William G. McLoughlin. Reviewed by James H. ODonnell III
- Cheyenne Indians, by Liz Sonneborn. Reviewed by G. Cornelius
- Drawings of the Song Animals, by Duane Niatum. Reviewed by Richard K. Waters
- The Evolution of Chumash Society: A Comparative Study of Artifacts Used for Social System Maintenance in the Santa Barbara Channel Region before A.D. 1804, by Chester D. King. Reviewed by John R. Johnson
- A Guide to Early Field Recordings (1900–1949) at the Lowie Museum of Anthropology, by Richard Keeling. Reviewed by Judith A. Gray
- In Celebration of Our Survival: The First Nations of British Columbia, edited by Doreen Jensen and Cheryl Brooks. Reviewed by Linda Fritz
- "It`s Your Misfortune and None of My Own": A New History of the American West, by Richard White. Reviewed by Daniel L. Boxberger
- Kachina Dolls: The Art of Hopi Carvers, by Helga Teiwes. Reviewed by Louis A. Hieb
- Madonna Swan—A Lakota Woman`s Story, by Mark St. Pierre. Reviewed by Beatrice Medicine
- Navajo Sandpainting: From Religious Act to Commercial Art, by Nancy J. Parezo. Reviewed by Cornelia S. Feye
- Property Rights and Indian Economies, edited by Terry L. Anderson. Reviewed by David L. Vinje
- The Skulking Way of War: Technology and Tactics among the New England Indians, by Patrick M. Malone. Reviewed by Robin F. A. Fabel
- A Time of Gathering: Native Heritage in Washington State, edited by Robin K. Wright. Reviewed by Robert H. Ruby
- To the American Indian: Reminiscences of a Yurok Woman, by Lucy Thompson (Che-na-wah Weitch-ah-wah). Reviewed by Tanis Chapman Thorne
- Totem Poles, by Hillary Stewart. Reviewed by Aldona Jonaitis
- Where the Two Came to Their Father, by Maud Oakes and Joseph Campbell. Reviewed by Charles C. Case
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.