To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 16, No. 1 (1992)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Who Says the Montauk Tribe is Extinct? Judge Abel Blackmars Decision in Wyandank v. Benson (1909), by John A. Strong
- Naalyéhé Bá Hooghan — "House of Merchandise": The Navajo Trading Post as an Institution of Cultural Change, 1900–1930, by Robert S. McPherson
- "Of Glooskap`s Birth, and of His Brother Malsum, the Wolf": The Story of Charles Godfrey Leland`s "Purely American Creation", by Thomas Parkhill
- Telling Dreams and Keeping Secrets: The Bole Maru as American Indian Religious Resistance, by Greg Sarris
- Financing Aboriginal Government: The Case of Canada's Eastern Arctic, by Don Cozzetto
- Proto-Uto-Aztecan *pi "younger sister" → "great-grandmother", by Alexis Manaster Ramer
- In Black or White, or through Marxist Glasses: The Image of the Indian in the Soviet Press and Scholarship, by Andrei A. Snamenski
- The American Indian Development Bank? by Richard Pottinger
Returning to Fields, by Kevin Lee Lopez
- Signs from the Ancestors: Zuni Cultural Symbolism and Perceptions of Rock Art, by Jane M. Young. Reviewed by Roger Anyon
- Points of Contact, by Norman Simms. Reviewed by Robert L. Berner
- In the Spirit of Crazy Horse, by Peter Matthiessen. Reviewed by Thomas Biolsi
- Food and Spirits: Stories, by Beth Brant. Reviewed by Nancy Bonvillain
- Essays in North American Indian History, edited by Michael J. Gillis. Reviewed by Daniel L. Boxberger
- Black Elk: The Sacred Ways of a Lakota, by Wallace Black Elk and William S. Lyon. Reviewed by Angelo A. Calvello
- The Upstream People: An Annotated Research Bibliography of the Omaha Tribe, by Michael L. Tate. Reviewed by Stephen G. Cobb
- Linguistic Studies Presented to John L. Finlay, edited by H. C. Wolfart. Reviewed by William Cowan
- King Philip: Wampanoag Rebel, by Joseph Roman. Reviewed by John S. Foote
- Three Years among the Comanches: The Narrative of Nelson Lee, the Texas Ranger, by Nelson Lee. Reviewed by Morris W. Foster
- The Road of Life and Death: A Ritual Drama of the American Indians, by Paul Radin. Reviewed by Walter Funmaker
- Raven`s Light, by Susan Hand Shetterly. Reviewed by George Ann Gregory
- America: The New World or the Old? by Werner Muller. Reviewed by Bernd Lambert
- Cherokee Americans: The Eastern Band of Cherokees in the Twentieth Century, by John R. Finger. Reviewed by Howard Meredith
- Interpreting the Indian: Twentieth Century Poets and the Native American, by Michael Castro. Reviewed by John Woodrow Presley
- The Mississippian Emergence, edited by Bruce D. Smith. Reviewed by J. Daniel Rogers
- The Dispossession of the American Indian, 1887–1934, by Janet A. McDonnell. Reviewed by Imre Sutton
- The Cherokees: A Population History, by Russell Thornton. Reviewed by Clifford E. Trazfer
- Native American Estate: The Struggle over Indian American Lands, by Linda Parker. Reviewed by Haunani-Kay Trask
- Cultural Encounters: The Impact of the Inquisition in Spain and the New World, edited by Mary Elizabeth Perry and Anne J. Cruz. Reviewed by Murray L. Wax
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.