To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 14, No. 4 (1990)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- "Evil Men Who Add to Our Difficulties": Shawnee, Quakers, and William Wells, 1807–1808, by R. David Edmunds
- Ethnicity and Gender in the Global Periphery: A Comparison of Basotho and Navajo Women, by Betty J. Harris
- Unfencing the Range: History, Identity, Property, and Apocalypse in Lame Deer Seeker of Visions, by Geoff Sanborn
- Roots of Resistance: Champagne`s American Indian Societies, by Thomas D. Hall
- The View from Officers` Row: Army Perceptions of Western Indians, by Sherry L. Smith. Reviewed by Raymond Wilson
- Indians of the Northwest Coast, by Maximilien Bruggman and Peter R. Gerber. Reviewed by David Murray
- Oklahoma Seminoles, Medicine, Magic, and Religion, by James H. Howard in collaboration with Willie Lena. Reviewed by Donald L. Fixico
- American Indian Identities: Todays Changing Perspectives, edited by Clifford E. Trafzer. Reviewed by Donna Rosh
- Oil Age Eskimos, by Joseph G. Jorgensen. Reviewed by Kathleen A. Dahl
- The Western Abenakis of Vermont, 1600–1800: War, Migration, and the Survival of an Indian People, by Colin G. Calloway. Reviewed by Francis Jennings
- Ojibway Heritage and Ojibway Ceremonies, by Basil H. Johnston. Reviewed by John F. Boatman
- Children of Sacred Ground: America`s Last Indian War, by Catherine Feher-Elston. Reviewed by Roxanne Dunbar Ortiz
- Imagine Ourselves Richly: Mythic Narratives of North American Indians, by Christopher Vecsey. Reviewed by Darryl Wilson
- Gods Among Us: American Indian Masks, edited by Ross Coates. Reviewed by David W. Penney
- United States-Comanche Relations: The Reservation Years, by William T. Hagan. Reviewed by James D. Nason
- The Same As Yesterday: The Lillooet Chronicle the Theft of Their Lands and Resources, by Joanne Drake-Terry. Reviewed by Terrence Cole
- The Southeastern Ceremonial Complex: Artifacts and Analysis: The Cottonlandia Conference, edited by Patricia Galloway. Reviewed by Eric G. Ackermann
- The Tunica-Biloxi: Southeast, by Jeffrey P. Brain. Reviewed by William C. Sturtevant
- Seasons of the Kachina: Proceeding of the California State University, Hayward Conferences on the Western Pueblos, 1987–88, edited by Lowell John Bean. Reviewed by John D. Loftin
- Pow-Wow: The Contemporary Pan-Indian Celebration, by David Whitehorse. Reviewed by Shirley A. Hauck
- Archaeological Insights into the Custer Battle: An Assessment of the 1984 Field Season, by Douglas D. Scott and Richard A. Fox, Jr. Reviewed by Raymond Wilson
- A Victorian Earl in the Arctic: The Travels and Collections of the Fifth Earl of Lonsdale 1888–89, by Shepard Krech III. Reviewed by Catharine McClellan
- Wild Rice and the Ojibway People, by Thomas Vernum, Jr. Reviewed by John F. Boatman and M. Lee Olsen
- A History of Indian Education, by Jon Reyhner and Jeanne Eder. Reviewed by Bobby Wright
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.