To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 14, No. 2 (1990)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Financing Self-determination: Federal Indian Expenditures, 1975–1988, by Paul H. Stuart
- Working Out Their Own Salvation: The Allotment of Land in Severalty and the Turtle Mountain Chippewa Band, 1870–1920, by Gregory S. Camp
- Governance and Aboriginal Claims in Northern Canada, by Don Cozzetto
- D'Arcy McNickle: An Annotated Bibliography of His Published Articles and Book Reviews in a Bibliographical Context, by Dorothy R. Parker.
- John Eliot in Recent Scholarship, by Richard W. Cogley
- A Study of Pueblo Architecture in Tusayan and Cibola, by Victor Mendeleff. Reviewed by David Stea
- The Faithful Hunter: Abnaki Stories, by Joseph Bruchac. Reviewed by Clifford E. Trafzer
- Navajo Coyote Tales, by William Morgan. Reviewed by Clifford E. Trafzer
- Secrets from the Center of the World, by Joy Harjo and Stephen Strom. Reviewed by Clifford E. Trafzer
- Kickapoo Vocabulary, by Paul H. Voorhis. Reviewed by William Cowan
- An Ojibwe Text Anthology, edited by John D. Nichols. Reviewed by Kevin Russell
- "Statement Made by the Indians": A Bilingual Petition of the Chippewas of Lake Superior, 1864, edited by John D. Nichols. Reviewed by Kevin Russell
- Pisiskiwak kâ-pîkiskwêcik/Talking Animals, edited and translated by H. C. Wolfart. Reviewed by John O`Meara
- The Coast Salish Peoples, by Frank W. Porter III. Reviewed by Timothy Montler
- Behavioral Health Issues among American Indians and Alaska Natives: Explorations on the Frontiers of the Behavioral Sciences, edited by Spero M. Manson and Norman O. Dinges. Reviewed by Carolyn L. Attneave
- The Lenapes, by Robert S. Grumet. Reviewed by Laurence M. Hauptman
- Sundown, by John Joseph Mathews. Reviewed by Daniel C. Swan
- The Plains Cree: Warriors, Traders, and Diplomats, 1790–1870, by John S. Milloy. Reviewed by Niels Winther Braroe
- Early Prehistoric Agriculture in the American Southwest, by W. H. Wills. Reviewed by Alan J. Osborn
- Paper Medicine Man: John Gregory Bourke and His American West, by Joseph C. Porter. Reviewed by Robert L. Munkres
- Creek Indian History: A Historical Narrative of the Genealogies, Traditions and Downfall of the Ispocoga or Creek Indian Tribe of Indians by One of the Tribe, by George Stiggins. Reviewed by Mary Young
- Formulating American Indian Policy in New York State, 1970–1986, by Laurence M. Hauptman. Reviewed by Donald E. Green
- Literature and Medicine: The Cultures of Medicine, edited by Kathryn Allen Rabuzzi and Robert W. Daly. Reviewed by Helen Jaskoski
- Wâskahikaniwiyiniw-âcimowina/Stories of the House People, edited by Freda Ahenakew. Reviewed by James Hoy
- Kiskinahamawâkan-âcimowinisa/Student Stories: Written by Cree-Speaking Students, edited, translated, and with a glossary by Freda Ahenakew. Reviewed by C. Douglas Ellis
- Medicine Women, Curanderas, and Women Doctors, by Babetter Perrone, H. Henrietta Stockel, and Victoria Krueger. Reviewed by Edith Blicksilver
- Images from the Inside Passage: An Alaskan Portrait by Winter and Pond, by Victoria Wyatt. Reviewed by Brian W. Dippie
- Native Health Research in Canada, edited by James B. Waldram and John D. O`Neil. Reviewed by Steven McNabb
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.