To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 14, No. 1 (1990)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Water Jar Boy: A Petroglyph and Story from La Cienega Pueblo, by Carol Patterson-Rudolph
- Fur Production as a Specialized Activity in a World System: Indians in the North American Fur Trade, by P. Nick Kardulias
- The Debate Regarding Native American Precedents for Democracy: A Recent Historiography, by Bruce E. Johansen and Donald A. Grinde, Jr.
- Pathways from Poverty: Economic Development and Institution-Building on American Indian Reservations, by Stephen Cornell and Joseph P. Kalt
- Powhatan's Mantle: Indians in the Colonial Southeast, edited by Peter Wood, Gregory A. Waselkov, and M. Thomas Hatley. Reviewed by James H. O`Donnell III
- Navajo Textiles: The William Randolph Hearst Collection, by Nancy J. Blomberg. Reviewed by Kathleen Whitaker
- Utmost Good Faith: Patterns of Apache-Mexican Hostilities in Northern Chihuahua Border Warfare, 1821–1848, by William B. Griffen. Reviewed by Harwood Hinton
- The Confederate Cherokees: John Drew's Regiment of Mounted Rifles, by W. Craig Gaines. Reviewed by R. David Edmunds
- The Indian on Capitol Hill: Indian Legislation and the United States Congress, 1862–1907, by Markku Henriksson. Reviewed by Andrei A. Snamenski
- Public Policy Impacts on American Indian Economic Development, edited by C. Matthew Snipp. Reviewed by Stephen Cornell
- Native American Youth and Alcohol: An Annotated Bibliography, by Michael L. Lobb and Thomas D. Watts. Reviewed by Morris A. Forslund
- Indian Agriculture in America: Prehistory to the Present, by R. Douglas Hurt. Reviewed by Joanna L. Endter
- Potawatomi of the West: Origins of the Citizen Band, by Joseph Murphy. Reviewed by Peter R. Hacker
- Art of the Red Earth People: The Mesquakie of Iowa, by Gaylord Torrence and Robert Hobbs. Reviewed by Ted J. Brasser
- Seneca Myths and Folk Tales, by Arthur C. Parker. Reviewed by Laurence M. Hauptman
- Maria, by Richard L. Spivey. Reviewed by Clara Lee Tanner
- Blackfoot Musical Thought: Comparative Perspectives, by Bruno Nettl. Reviewed by Judith A. Gray
- The Powhatan Indians of Virginia: Their Traditional Culture, by Helen C. Rountree. Reviewed by Pauline Turner Strong
- The Skin Boats of Saint Lawrence Island, Alaska, by Stephen R. Braund. Reviewed by Catharine McClellan
- Spirit of the New England Tribes: Indian History and Folklore, 1620–1984, by William S. Simmons. Reviewed by Douglas R. Parks
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.