To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 12, No. 3 (1988)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- "For the Children of the Infidels"?: American Indian Education in the Colonial Colleges, by Bobby Wright
- Contemporary Native American Autobiography: N. Scott Momaday's The Way to Rainy Mountain, by Hertha D. Wong
- The Turtle Mountain Reservation in North Dakota: Its History as Depicted in Louise Erdrich's Love Medicine and Beet Queen, by Julie Maristuen-Rodakowski
Commentary and Debate
- Sam Gill's Mother Earth: Colonialism, Genocide, and the Expropriation of Indigenous Spiritual Tradition in Contemporary Academia, by Ward Churchill
- The Power of Story, by Sam Gill
- The Trickster of Liberty: Tribal Heirs to a Wild Baronage, by Gerald Vizenor. Reviewed by Robert Gish
- Nairne`s Muskhogean Journals: The 1708 Expedition to the Mississippi River, edited by Alexander Moore. Reviewed by J. Anthony Paredes
- The Adventures and Sufferings of John R. Jewitt, Captive of Maquinna, annotated and illustrated by Hilary Stewart. Reviewed by Victoria Wyatt
- A Creek Warrior for the Confederacy: The Autobiography of Chief G. W. Grayson, edited by W. David Baird. Reviewed by Michael D. Green
- Native American Basketry: An Annotated Bibliography, compiled by Frank W. Porter III. Reviewed by Marvin Cohodas
- Kinsmen Through Time: An Annotated Bibliography of Potawatomi History, by R. David Edmunds. Reviewed by Richard L. Haan
- Return of the Native: American Indian Political Resurgence, by Stephen Cornell. Reviewed by Thomas D. Hall
- American Indian Holocaust and Survival: A Population History since 1492, by Russell Thornton. Reviewed by Gregory R. Campbell
- From the Sands to the Mountain, by Pamela A. Bunte and Robert J. Franklin. Reviewed by Larry R. Stucki
- Talking with the Clay, by Stephen Trimble. Reviewed by Tessie Naranjo and Tito Naranjo
- American Indian Prophets, edited by Clifford E. Trafzer. Reviewed by Jeffery R. Hanson
- Native American Discourse: Poetics and Rhetoric, edited by Joel Sherzer and Anthony C. Woodbury. Reviewed by Kenneth Lincoln
- Southwest Indian Drypainting, by Leland C. Wyman. Reviewed by Alfred Young Man
- Deliberate Acts: Changing Hopi Culture Through the Oraibi Split, by Peter Whiteley. Reviewed by Richard O. Clemmer
- Ghost Dance Songs and Religion of a Wind River Shoshone Woman, by Judith Vander. Reviewed by Richard Keeling
- Halo of the Sun: Stories Told and Retold, by Noel Bennett. Reviewed by James Ruppert
- Harper`s Anthology of 20th Century Native American Poetry, edited by Duane Niatum. Reviewed by Al Robinson
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.