Ready to order your print copy online? To pay by check, click here.
To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 12, No. 1 (1988)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Changing Women: The Cross-Currents of American Indian Feminine Identity, by Rebecca Tsosie
- The Revolutionary War and the Indians of the Upper Susquehanna Valley, by Peter C. Mancall
- Medicine for the Rosebuds: Health Care at the Cherokee Female Seminary, 1876–1909, by Devon Irene Abbott
- Coast Salish Essays, by Wayne Suttles. Reviewed by Nile Thompson
- Phoenix Indian School, by Robert Trennert. Reviewed by Carl G. Foster
- The Good Red Road: Passages into Native America, by Kenneth Lincoln with Al Logan Slagle. Reviewed by Joane Nagel
- The Indians of Texas: An Annotated Research Bibliography, by Michael L. Tate. Reviewed by Thomas F. Schilz
- The Exploring Expedition to the Rocky Mountains, by John C. Fremont. Reviewed by Joseph B. Herring
- Among the Sioux of Dakota: Eighteen Months Experience as an Indian Agent, 1869–70, by D.C. Poole with an introduction by Raymond J. DeMallie. Reviewed by Catherine Price
- Sovereignty and Symbol: Indian-White Conflict at Ganienkeh, by Gail H. Landsman. Reviewed by Imre Sutton
- Historical Dictionary of North American Archaeology, edited by Edward B. Jelks and Juliet C. Jelks. Reviewed by G. Edward Evans
- From the Sands to the Mountain, by Pamela A. Bunte and Robert J. Franklin. Reviewed by Larry R. Stucki
- Tales of Ticasuk: Eskimo Legends & Stories, by Emily Ivanoff Brown. Reviewed by Ronald K. Inouye
- From the Land of the Totem Poles, by Aldona Jonaitis. Reviewed by Alan L. Hoover
- Western Apache Material Culture: The Goodwin and Guenther Collections, edited by Alan Ferg. Reviewed by Scott Rushforth
- People of the Totem: The Indians of the Pacific Northwest, by Norman Bancroft-Hunt and Werner Forman. Reviewed by Karl E. Gilmont
- "The Orders of the Dreamed": George Nelson on Cree and Northern Ojibwa Religion and Myth, 1823, edited and with commentary by Jennifer S. H. Brown and Robert Brightman. Reviewed by Rebecca Kugel
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org