To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 11, No. 4 (1987)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- "We Are Not To Grow Wild": Seventeenth-Century New England's Repudiation of Anglo-Indian Intermarriage, by David D. Smits
- Dimensions of Native American Stereotyping, by Jeffery R. Hanson and Linda P. Rouse
- American Indians, American Dreams, and the Meaning of Success, by Stephen Cornell
- A Review of the Material Culture of the Chumash Interaction Sphere, by Chester D. King
- The History and Culture of Iroquois Diplomacy: An Interdisciplinary Guide to the Treaties of the Six Nations and Their League, edited by Francis Jennings, William N. Fenton, and Mary A. Druke. Reviewed by Robert S. Grumet
- Peyote Religion, A History, by Omer C. Stewart. Reviewed by David F. Aberle
- Navajo Medicine Bundles or Jish: Acquisition, Transmission, and Disposition of the Past and Present, by Charlotte J. Frisbie. Reviewed by Virgil J. Vogel
- Beyond the Vision, by William K. Powers. Reviewed by Elizabeth Cook-Lynn
- The Wolves of Heaven: Cheyenne Shamanism, Ceremonies, and Prehistoric Origins, by Karl H. Schlesier. Reviewed by Gregory R. Campbell
- Introduction to Wisconsin Indians: Prehistory to Statehood, by Carol I. Mason. Reviewed by John F. Boatman
- Water and Poverty in the Southwest, by F. Lee Brown and Helen N. Ingram. Reviewed by Gary D. Sandefur
- Bibliography of the Catawba, compiled and annotated by Thomas J. Blumer. Reviewed by James H. Merrell
- The Hasinais: Southern Caddoans as Seen by the Earliest Europeans, by Herbert Eugene Bolton (1870–1903), edited and with an introduction by Russell M. Magnaghi. Reviewed by Howard Meredith
- The Life and Times of Little Turtle, First Sangamore of the Wabash, by Harvey Lewis Carter. Reviewed by Edith Blicksilver
- Faces, Voices and Dreams: A Celebration of the Centennial of the Sheldon Jackson Museum, 1888–1988, edited by Peter L. Corey. Reviewed by Aldona Jonaitis
- The Raven`s Tail, by Cheryl Samuel. Reviewed by Aldona Jonaitis
- Survival This Way: Interviews with American Indian Poets, by Joseph Bruchac. Reviewed by John Woodrow Presley
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.