To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email email@example.com.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 11, No. 3 (1987)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- American Indian Studies: Toward an Indigenous Model, by M. Annette Jaimes
- Dionysos Among the Mesas: The Water Serpent Puppet Play of the Hopi Indians, by William R. King
- "Her Laugh an Ace": The Function of Humor in Louise Erdrich's Love Medicine, by William Gleason
- History Comes to the Navajos: A Review Essay, by William H. Lyon
- Psychocultural Change and the American Indian: An Ethnohistorical Analysis, by Laurence French. Reviewed by Carl Downing
- Haa Shuká, Our Ancestors: Tlingit Oral Narratives, by Nora Marks Dauenhauer and Richard Dauenhauer. Reviewed by Willima Schneider
- Mimbres Painted Pottery, by J. J. Brody. Reviewed by Tito Naranjo
- Early Field Recordings: A Catalogue of Cylinder Collections at the Indiana University Archives of Traditional Music, edited by Anthony Seeger and Louise S. Spear. Reviewed by Judith A. Gray
- Chief Pocatello: The White Plume, by Brigham D. Madsen. Reviewed by Deward E. Walker, Jr.
- Cherokee Renascence in the New Republic, by William G. McLoughlin. Reviewed by James M. McClurken
- Cree Language Structures: A Cree Approach, by Freda Ahenakew. Reviewed by Marianne Mithun
- Fort Totten: Military Post and Indian School, 1867–1959, edited by Larry Remele. Reviewed by David Reed Miller
- Buffalo Bird Woman`s Garden: Agriculture of the Hidatsa Indians, by Gilbert L. Wilson. Reviewed by Roy W. Meyer
- The Life I`ve Been Living, by Moses Cruikshank. Reviewed by Catherine McClellan
- Oglala Women: Myth, Ritual, and Reality, by Marla N. Powers. Reviewed by Nancy C. Zak
- All of Us A People: The Poetry of Lance Henson, Selected Poems 1970–1983, by Lance Henson. Reviewed by Robert L. Berner
- Wounds Beneath the Flesh: 15 Native American Poets, edited by Maurice Kenney. Reviewed by Robert Gish
- Between Two Rivers: Selected Poems 1956–1984, by Maurice Kenney. Reviewed by Robert Gish
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.