To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 11, No. 2 (1987)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Native Americans and Incorporation: Patterns and Problems, by Thomas D. Hall
- Reflected Values: Sixteenth-Century Europeans View the Indians of North America, by Thomas D. Matijasic
- Choctaws and Missionaries in Mississippi Before 1830, by Clara Sue Kidwell
- The Canadian Journal of Native Studies: An Assessment, by Richard T. Price
- American Indian Policy in the Twentieth Century, edited by Vine Deloria, Jr. Reviewed by Paul Stuart
- American Indian and Alaska Native Mental Health Research. The Journal of the National Center, Vl.1, No.1 . Reviewed by Virgil J. Vogel
- Irredeemable America: The Indians Estate and Land Claims, edited by Imre Sutton. Reviewed by Michael Dorris
- Native American Religious Action: A Performance Approach to Religion, by Sam Gill. Reviewed by Clara Sue Kidwell
- The Western Apache: Living with the Land Before 1950, by Winfred Buskirk. Reviewed by Scott Rushford
- Sacred Language: The Nature of Supernatural Discourse in Lakota, by William K. Powers. Reviewed by David Reed Miller
- Strangers in a Stolen Land: American Indians in San Diego, 1850–1880, by Richard L. Carrico. Reviewed by Van Hastings Garner
- The Iroquois Struggle for Survival: World War II to Red Power, by Laurence M. Hauptman. Reviewed by James H. ODonnell III
- The Wind Eagle and Other Abenaki Stories, by Joseph Bruchac. Reviewed by Maurice Kenny
- Northwestern Tribes in Exile: Modoc, Nez Perce, and Palouse Removal to the Indian Territory, edited by Clifford E. Trafzer. Reviewed by Merle Wells
- Shared Symbols, Contested Meanings: Gros Ventre Culture and History, 1778–1984, by Loretta Fowler. Reviewed by Michael Massie
- A Cultural Geography of the North American Indian, edited by Thomas E. Ross and Tyrel G. Moore. Reviewed by Imre Sutton
- Tarahumara, Where Night is the Day of the Moon, by Bernard L. Fontana with photographs by John P. Schaefer. Reviewed by Donald Bahr
- Yaqui Deer Songs, Maso Bwikam, by Larry Evers and Felipe S. Molina. Reviewed by Donald Bahr
- Yaqui Deer Songs: A Native American Poetry, by Larry Evers and Felipe S. Molina. Reviewed by Willima K. Powers
- Wisdom of the Elders: Native Traditions on the Northwest Coast, by Ruth Kirk. Reviewed by John W. Friesen
- Sioux Indian Religions: Tradition and Innovation, edited with an introduction by Raymond J. DeMallie and Douglas R. Parks. Reviewed by William K. Powers
- Native American Voluntary Organizations, edited by Armand S. La Potin. Reviewed by C. Patrick Morris
- Patterns of Life, Patterns of Art: The Rahr Collection of Native American Art, by Barbara A. Heil and Geoffrey C. Schwarz. Reviewed by Ted J. Brasser
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.