To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 11, No. 1 (1987)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Ednishodi Yazhe: The Little Priest and the Understanding of Navajo Culture, by William H. Lyon
- The Role of Credit in Native Adaptation to the Great Basin Ranching Economy, by Martha C. Knack
- Hollywood Addresses Postwar Assimilation: Indian/White Attitudes in Broken Arrow, by Angela Aleiss
- Ethics and Writing Native American History: A Commentary about People of the Sacred Mountain, by Gregory Campbell
- The Navajo Atlas: Environments, Resources, People and History of the Diné Bikeyah, by James M. Goodman. Reviewed by Christopher Vecsey
- Crown and Calumet: British-Indian Relations, 1783–1815, by Colin G. Calloway. Reviewed by Wilcomb E. Washburn
- British Columbia Prehistory, by Knut R. Fladmark. Reviewed by Mark S. Fleisher
- The Menomini Indians of Wisconsin: A Study of Three Centuries of Cultural Contact and Change, by Felix M. Keesing. Reviewed by James A. Clifton
- Massacre on the Gila: An Account of the Last Major Battle Between American Indians, With Reflections on the Origin of War, by Clifton B. Kroeber and Bernard L. Fontana. Reviewed by Phillip J. Greenfeld
- Science Encounters the Indian, 1820–1880: The Early Years of American Ethnology, by Robert E. Beider. Reviewed by Raymond J. DeMallie
- Indian Wars of the Red River Valley, edited by William Leckie. By Brian W. Dippie
- Indian Reservations: A State and Federal Handbook, compiled by the Confederation of American Indians. Reviewed by Jack Marken
- Handbook of North American Indians, Volume V: Arctic, edited by David Damas. Reviewed by Steve Talbot
- Vestiges of a Proud Nation, edited by Glenn E. Markoe, text by Raymond J. DeMallie and Royal B. Hassrick. Reviewed by Art Raymond
- The American Indian and the Problem of History, edited by Calvin Martin. Reviewed by Tanis C. Thorne
- After Removal: The Choctaws in Mississippi, edited by Samuel J. Wells and Roseanna Tubby. Reviewed by William H. Graves
- North Dakota Indians: An Introduction, by Mary Jane Schneider. Reviewed by Tim E. Holzkamm
- Sacred Language: The Nature of Supernatural Discourse in Lakota, by William K. Powers. Reviewed by M. A. Jaimes and R. B. Williams
- Renewing the World: Plains Indian Religion and Morality, by H. L. Harrod. Reviewed by M. A. Jaimes and R. B. Williams
- Peoples of Prehistoric South Dakota, by Larry J. Zimmerman. Reviewed by Joseph A. Tiffany
- Goodbird the Indian: His Story, by Edward Goodbird as told to Gilbert Wilson. Reviewed by James Ruppert
- Atlas of Great Lakes Indian History, by Helen Hornbeck Tanner. Reviewed by Olive Patricia Dickason
- 1885 and After: Native Society in Transition, edited by F. Laurie Barron and James B. Waldram. Reviewed by Cornelius J. Jaenen
- Let the Past Go: A Life History, narrated by Alice Jacob, editing and analysis by Sarah Preston. Reviewed by Niels Winther Braroe
- A Guide to the Indian Tribes of the Pacific Northwest, by Robert H. Ruby and John A. Brown. Reviewed by Victoria Wyatt
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.