To pay by check, just follow these easy steps:
- Single issues cost $15, plus $3 shipping. Within California, include 8.75% sales tax.
- To order more than a single copy, to request international rates, and to ask questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make your check payable to UC Regents.
- Mail check and order information to:
UCLA American Indian Studies Center
3220 Campbell Hall, Box 951548
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1548
American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 10, No. 3 (1986)
Articles (click on the links below to view abstracts)
- Montagnais Missionization in Early New France: The Syncretic Imperative, by Kenneth M. Morrison
- Surviving the War by Singing the Blues: The Contemporary Ethos of American Indian Political Poetry, by Robin Tsosie
- Lipsha`s Good Road Home: The Revival of Chippewa Culture in Love Medicine, by James McKenzie
- The Persistence of Vision: Current Issues in Native American Art and Art History, by Janet Catherine Berlo
- The Federal Cylinder Project: A Guide to Field Cylinder Collections in Federal Agencies. Volume 2: Northeastern Indian Catalog, Southeastern Indian Catalog, edited by Judith A. Gray and Dorothy Sara Lee. Reviewed by Mark E. Forry
- The Choctaw Before Removal, edited by Carolyn Keller Reeves. Reviewed by Margaret Hutton
- Trends in Linguistics, Documentation 3: Eastern Ojibwa-Chippewa-Ottawa Dictionary, by Richard A. Rhodes. Reviewed by Robert A. Brightman
- The North American Indians in Early Photographs, by Paula Richardson Fleming and Judith Luskey. Reviewed by Bill Cohen
- Tribal Dispossession and the Ottawa Indian University Fraud, by William E. Unrau and H. Craig Miner. Reviewed by Joseph B. Herring
- Indian Self-Rule: First-Hand Accounts of Indian-White Relations from Roosevelt to Reagan, by Kenneth R. Philip. Reviewed by Laurence M. Hauptman
- The Indians of Puget Sound: The Notebooks of Myron Eells, edited with an Introduction by George Pierre Castile. Reviewed by Mark S. Fleisher
- Omaha Indian Music: Historic Recordings from the Fletcher/LaFlesche Collection, edited by Dorothy Sara Lee and Maria La Vigna. Reviewed by Thomas Vennum, Jr.
- A History of the Navajos: The Reservation Years, by Garrick Bailey and Roberta Glenn Bailey. Reviewed by Richard N. Ellis
- American Indian Identity: Today`s Changing Perspectives, edited by Clifford E. Trafzer. Reviewed by Donald A. Grinde, Jr.
- A Narrow Vision: Duncan Campbell Scott and the Administration of Indian Affairs in Canada, by E. Brian Titley. Reviewed by Harold Franklin McGee, Jr.
- Notes From Indian Country, by Tim Giago. Reviewed by Art Raymond
- I Wear the Morning Star, by Jamake Highwater. Reviewed by Robert W. Lewis
- The Sun Came Down, by Percy Bullchild. Reviewed by John C. Ewers
- Gullible Coyote = Una`ihu: A Bilingual Collection of Hopi Coyote Stories, by Ekkehart Malotki. Reviewed by Louis A. Hieb
- The Hopi Ways: Tales from a Vanishing Culture, collected by Mando Sevillano. Reviewed by Louis A. Hieb
- The Halfbreed Chronicles and Other Poems, by Wendy Rose. Reviewed by Susan Scarberry-Garcia
- The Beet Queen, by Louise Erdich. Reviewed by John Purdy
- The Sacred Hoop: Recovering the Feminine in American Indian Traditions, by Paula Gunn Allen. Reviewed by Walter L. Williams
- Simon Ortiz, by Andrew Wiget. Reviewed by Robert Gish
- Red Earth, White Earth, by Will Weaver. Reviewed by David Gonzalez
Stock: Out of Print