American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 19, No. 4 (1994)
- Ethnicity, Not Culture? Obfuscating Social Science in the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill Case, by Joseph G. Jorgensen
- Alutiiq Culture Before and After the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill, by Christopher B. Wooley
- A Forest for the Trees: Forest Management and the Yurok Environment, 1850 to 1994, by Lynn Huntsinger and Sarah McCaffrey
- The Legacy of Ethnic Cleansing: Implementation of NAGPRA in Texas, by Steve Russell
- A Ghostly Splendor: John G. Neihardt`s Spiritual Preparation for Entry into Black Elk's World, by Reece Pendleton
- Princess Pocahontas, Rebecca Rolfe (1595–1617), by Donald K. Sharpes
- American Beginnings: Exploration, Culture, and Cartography in the Land of Norumbega, edited by Emerson W. Baker, et al. Reviewed by James Drake
- American Indian Persistence and Resurgence, edited by Karl Kroeber. Reviewed by Robert M. Leavitt
- Black Elk and Flaming Rainbow: Personal Memories of the Lakota Holy Man and John Neihardt, by Hilda Neihardt. Reviewed by Lee Irwin
- The Cherokee Removal: A Brief History with Documents, edited and with an introduction by Theda Perdue and Michael D. Green. Reviewed by Walter H. Conser, Jr.
- Choctaws and Missionaries in Mississippi, 1818–1918, by Clara Sue Kidwell. Reviewed by Justin D. Murphy
- The Comanchero Frontier: A History of New Mexican-Plains Indian Relations, by Charles L. Kenner. Reviewed by Jack F. Matthews
- Desert Legends: Re-storying the Sonoran Borderlands, by Gary Paul Nabhan. Reviewed by Henry F. Dobyns
- Dirt Road Home, by Cheryl Savageau. Reviewed by Louise C. Maynor
- Dreaming History: A Collection of Wisconsin Native-American Writing, edited by Mary Anne Doan and Jim Stevens. Reviewed by Cynthia R. Kasee
- First Nations Education in Canada: The Circle Unfolds, edited by Marie Battiste and Jean Barman. Reviewed by John W. Friesen
- The Forgotten Centuries: Indians and Europeans in the American South, 1521–1704, edited by Charles Hudson and Carmen Chaves Tesser. Reviewed by Michael D. Green
- Heeding the Voices of Our Ancestors: Kahnawake Mohawk Politics and the Rise of Native Nationalism, by Gerald R. Alfred. Reviewed by Bruce E. Johansen
- Home Places: Contemporary Native American Writing from Sun Tracks, edited by Larry Evers and Ofelia Zepeda. Reviewed by Carol Miller
- Indians, Franciscans, and Spanish Colonization: The Impact of the Mission System on California Indians, by Robert H. Jackson and Edward Castillo. Reviewed by Troy R. Johnson
- Lushootseed Dictionary, by Dawn Bates, Thom Hess, and Vi Hilbert. Reviewed by Brent Galloway
- Major Problems in American Indian History: Documents and Essays, by Albert L. Hurtado and Peter Iverson. Reviewed by Tanis C. Thorne
- North American Indian Anthropology: Essays on Society and Culture, edited by Raymond J. DeMallie and Alfonso Ortiz. Reviewed by John J. Bodine
- O Brave New Words!: Native American Loanwords in Current English, by Charles L. Cutler. Reviewed by Frederick H. White
- Trailing You, by Kimberly M. Blaeser. Reviewed by Charles G. Ballard
- Tricksterism in Turn-of-the-Century American Literature: A Multicultural Perspective, edited by Elizabeth Ammons and Annette White-Parks. Reviewed by Irene S. Vernon
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: email@example.com
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.