American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 16, No. 2 (1992) Special Edition -- Repatriation of American Indian Remains
- Preface, by Walter Echo-Hawk
- Secularism, Civil Religion, and the Religious Freedom of American Indians, by Vine Deloria, Jr.
- The Collecting of Bones for Anthropological Narratives, by Robert E. Bieder.
- Archaeology, Reburial, and the Tactics of a Discipline's Self-Delusion, by Larry J. Zimmerman
- Serra's Legacy: The Desecration of American Indian Burials at Mission San Diego, by Clifford E. Trafzer
- Pawnee Mortuary Traditions, by Roger C. Echo-Hawk
- Six Pawnee Crania: Historical and Contemporary Issues Associated with the Massacre and Decapitation of Pawnee Indians in 1869, by James Riding In
- The Pawnee of Nebraska: Twice Removed, by Orlan J. Svingen
- Nebraska's Landmark Repatriation Law: A Study of Cross Cultural Conflict and Resolution, by Robert M. Peregoy
- Reflections on Native American Cultural Rights and Resources, by W. Roger Buffalohead
- American Indians and World War II: Toward a New Era in Indian Affairs, by Alison R. Bernstein. Reviewed by Susan Applegate Krouse
- Anasazi and Pueblo Painting, by J.J. Brody. Reviewed by Cornelia Feye
- Carl Wimar: Chronicler of the Missouri River Frontier, by Rick Stewart, Joseph D. Ketner II, and Angela L. Miller. Reviewed by Colin G. Calloway
- Chaco & Hohokam: Prehistoric Regional Systems in the American Southwest, by Patricia L. Crown and W. James Judge. Reviewed by Steadman Upham.
- In Search of Columbus: The Sources for the First Voyage, by David Henige. Reviewed by W. Michael Mathes
- Kusiq: An Eskimo Life History from the Arctic Coast of Alaska, by Waldo Bodfish, Sr. Reviewed by Catharine McClellan
- The Mashpee Indians: Tribe on Trial, by Jack Campisi. Reviewed by John S. Foote
- Medicine River, by Thomas King. Reviewed by Craig S. Womack
- The Middle Ground: Indians, Empires, and Republics in the Great Lakes Region, 1650–1815, by Richard White. Reviewed by Francis Jennings
- Mourning Dove`s Stories, edited by Clifford E. Trafzer and Richard D. Scheuerman. Reviewed by Jay Miller
- Night Perimeter: New and Selected Poems 1958–1990, by Carroll Arnett. Reviewed by Craig S. Womack
- Objects of Myth and Memory: American Indian Art at Brooklyn Museum, by Diana Fane et al. Reviewed by Deborah S. Dozier
- Petroglyphs and Pueblo Myths of the Rio Grande, by Carol Patterson-Rudolph. Reviewed by Felicitas D. Goodman
- Raven Tells Stories: An Anthology of Alaskan Native Writing, edited by Joseph Bruchac. Reviewed by Shirley A. Hauck
- Strangers Devour the Land, by Boyce Richardson. Reviewed by Niels Winther Braroe
- The Taos Indians and the Battle for Blue Lake, by R. C. Gordon-McCutchan. Reviewed by John J. Bodine
- The Third World in Film and Video, 1984–90, by Helen W. Cyr. Reviewed by John D. H. Downing
- Unravelling the Franklin Mystery, by David C. Woodman. Reviewed by Alan Tongret
- The Uses of Plants by the Indians of the Missouri River Region, by Melvin R. Gilmore. Reviewed by Kat Anderson
- Voices of the Wind: Native American Legends, by Margot Edmunds and Ella E. Clark. Reviewed by Clifford E. Trafzer
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.