American Indian Culture and Research Journal: Vol. 12, No. 2 (1988)
Special Edition -- New Perspectives on California Indian Research
- Introduction, by Imre Sutton
- Mission Registers as Anthropological Questionnaires: Understanding the Limitations of the Data, by John R. Johnson
- Indians in Town and Country: The Nisenan Indians Changing Economy and Society as Shown in John A. Sutter`s 1856 Correspondence, by Albert L. Hurtado
- The Cartographic Factor in Indian Land Tenure: Some Examples from Southern California, by Imre Sutton
- A Selected Bibliography of the California Indian with Emphasis on the Past Decade, by Imre Sutton
- The Earth Is Our Mother: A Guide to the Indians of California, Their Locales and Historic Sites, by Dolan H. Eargle, Jr. Reviewed by Al Logan Slagle
- Washo Shamans and Peyotists: Religious Conflict in an American Indian Tribe, by Edgar E. Siskin. Reviewed by Omer C. Stewart
- California`s Chumash Indians: A Project of the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Education Center, by Lynne McCall and Rosalind Perry in conjunction with six contributors. Reviewed by Albert B. Elasser
Individual's Price: $15.00
Stock: In Stock
* These prices are for US customers only. For international orders, please contact email@example.com for additional shipping fees.
** NOTE: Prices listed are for individual buyers only. Bookstores or other resellers or representatives from bookstores or other resellers may contact the UCLA American Indian Studies Center Pubications for institutional purchases. Phone: 310-825-7315, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Order?
You will be redirected to our online ordering system.